Have you recently installed a garbage disposal in your home? Have you just rented or bought a home with a pre-installed garbage disposal? Either way, if a garbage disposal is new to you, then consider this guide. In case any discrepancy occurs, call a professional appliance repair service.
Below are the upsides & downsides of garbage disposal. You’ll get to know the uses of the garbage disposal and things that you should avoid doing with the garbage disposal.
Let’s look into the positive sides of garbage disposal first.
● With garbage disposal, you can easily clean dishes.
● It saves time.
● Several times, pieces of food cause clogging in the pipes. garbage disposal ensures that this doesn’t happen to you.
There’s nothing complex behind how to use it. However, what’s important is that you use it properly. A garbage disposal unit can last anywhere between 8-10 years. Given its cost and benefits, 10 years lifespan is no joke by any means. With a little extra care, you can certainly use it for more than 10 years. Being cautious about what to put down the drain play a critical role in improving the lifespan of a garbage disposal. With a professional appliance repair service, you can maintain the garbage disposal.
● Food particles that aren’t larger than bread crumbs
● Eggshell should only be put down the drain after breaking into little pieces
● Chicken pieces
● Soft vegetable leftovers
Make sure that even the things mentioned above are put down the drain only if they’re small. You can’t expect garbage disposals to last longer if you keep putting large pieces.
● Anything that is not broken into little pieces
● Avoid grease at any cost
● Coffee beans (too hard for garbage disposal)
● Spoons, bottle caps, forks, or anything that is metal
● Paper towels or toilet paper (those are for toilets)
If anything metal has gone down into the garbage disposal, then stop using it immediately. Call a professional appliance repair service.
● Make sure you don’t put such items down the drain that you avoid putting in your kitchen sink.
● Citrus peels are not necessarily bad for garbage disposal; however, be cautious about the quantity.
● Avoid putting a large number of coffee grounds.
● Using cold water is the recommended choice.
Do you own Vancouver real estate with a garbage disposal? If yes, then make sure to maintain it by an appliance repair service.